Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lazy Sunday

I am experiencing an extreme case of writers block. I want to write but (thanks to a particularly demanding work and school week) my mind is struggling to get going despite the three cups of coffee I have had. So now I am sitting on my bed, feeling uncreative and antsy... not an effective combination. Top Threes seems like an easy start for a lazy Sunday, and today I feel like taking the easy way out.

Three Places I Want to Visit

3. France: I went when I was younger and feel like I would get so much more out of it if I went now, especially given my affinity for baking and French people's affinity for feeding individuals like me pastry.
2. Memphis: I drove through it this past March but didn't get the opportunity to explore the city
1. Portland and Seattle: I know these are technically two places but both are "home" so I think it counts. I want to run around Green Lake, go to Top Pot Donuts, see my family, and shop on 23rd Avenue downtown.

Three Smells I Love
3. Chocolate cake baking in the oven
2. The air outside right before it rains
1. My Nana's house. I have no idea what the smell is, it is probably a combination of a hundred things (candles, soaps, air fresheners, her cooking...) that together create the best smell on the planet.

Three Things I Don't Understand

3. Why does my coffee taste amazing on some mornings and not so much on others even though the way I make it is pretty much an exact science?
2. Why, when I am growing my hair out, do I get so impatient with the slow pace that I contemplate chopping it off at least a few times a week? It seems counterproductive...
1. How come some people do not have a sweet tooth? I just don't see how that is possible.

Three Things I Will Never Do
3. Steal anything, my conscious puts Jiminy Cricket to shame
2. Attempt to stop drinking coffee. A few years ago, I tried to ditch the vice and just wound up drinking peppermint hot chocolate every day, feeling tired, and being (more) snappy. It is just better for everyone if I keep my habit going.
1. Go a day without talking to someone in my family

Hopefully after midterms this week my brain function will increase enough to write a coherent paragraph as opposed to a list...

No comments:

Post a Comment