Friday, June 24, 2011

so much...

...has happened.

The other morning I had a scone that changed my life. Really.

I was late going to the airport because I thought I was superwoman and could go to a hot yoga class, drive my brother to school in downtown Seattle, finish packing, and get ready before leaving for SeaTac at 10:00 am. It was 9:37. I had not had coffee yet that morning. I was... not pleased. I went to Hoffman's because I wanted a farewell treat. I bought a honey rosemary scone. It was delightful; the cake was soaked in honey and at the same time savory, riddled with sprigs of fresh rosemary. I then proceeded to spill coffee on my shirt and drop a cake sample on my lap. It was not exactly a smooth travel day. However, the idea of mixing taste genres while baking is now in the forefront of my mind. So, net gain.

I am in Vermont.

I got in three nights ago at around eleven pm.

I started work at 8 am the next morning.

I successfully unpacked last night.

I also succeeded in forgetting my laptop in Seattle. Minor detail.

Last night I discovered chocolate-hazelnut gelato. I could probably eat this and drink coffee for every meal of everyday for the rest of my life. Which wouldn't be very long if that was all I consumed. But what a way to go...

I am listening to people light off fire works outside. It makes me miss my brothers for some reason.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for eleven hours of work.

I promise I am taking pictures. And getting settled. And will write a legitimate paragraph once I have caught my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment