Wednesday, July 27, 2011

5.

Step 5
(this will make sense by the end, I swear)

Cheesecakes hold a special place within my heart. I only make them in certain situations with certain company. You make the crust, help with the filling and I will fill in the gaps. I love this.

This weekend I made a cheesecake and a bad decision. It was one of the classic Hannah-over-does-it situations. I am referring to both the cake and the decision I made.

My cheesecakes tend to have crazy toppings that they really do not need, toppings that some may think they would be better without. I disagree. I like gluttony in moderation.

This weekend it was blackberry cheesecake with a shortbread crust and a layer of jam on the top. It was pretty nice. It was also unphotographed. My bad.

I, on the other hand, was not so nice. I overstepped a line or two or thirty. End result? I recieved a self-inflicted sucker punch.

I am sorry.

I had every intention of concocting some cool treat to make up for a lack of cheesecake pictures, but I don't have the energy for it tonight.

Instead I made this.

On the menu for tomorrow? Something with fresh peaches, and better decisions.

Blackberry Cheesecake
Stuff
Crust: 3 c. shortbread cookies (crushed) combined with 1/3 c melted butter
Flling:
1 lb cream cheese
1 c. sour cream
3/4 c. sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons flour
3 eggs
1 pint fresh blackberries
Blackberry jam

Steps
1. Make crust and press into springform pan, bake for 10 minutes at 350
2. Assemble filling: cream sugar and cheese; add vanilla, flour and sour cream, mix in eggs individually until just incorperated
3.Break berries down to desires consistancy (or leave whole) and sprinkle with lemon juic and sugar to taste; fold into filling
3. Pour filling into crust and bake for 40 minutes (or until just set in the middle)
4. On stove, bring jam to a boil and let reduce; pour over cooled cake
5. Apologize

No comments:

Post a Comment