Monday, August 8, 2011

Champagne, Cupcakes, and Champagne Cupcakes

I cheat at mini golf.

Well, ok, technically I do not cheat. I just play by different rules.

Playing mini golf with me will take all of about twenty minutes because I only count hole-in-ones. You get one shot at each marker and whoever winds up with the most hole-in-ones at the end of the game wins.

It is efficient.

Tonight I discovered I play croquet by the same rules. I also discovered that I like setting up the croquet course more than the game itself. It gives me an excuse to hammer things with a mallet and run around the grass barefoot.

Guess what goes well with croquet?

I will give you a hint or two: It is cold, refreshing and doesn't have an actual cork.


We added a lavender infused simple syrup to our Andre. It was classy. Just like this black and white picture.

In preparation for our strenuous croquet match, a good man made us legitimate food! I have been known on a few occasions to eat a bowl of marinara sauce for dinner. There was pasta under the sauce tonight. And delicious mushrooms and onions and shrimp.


Yes, there were straws and umbrellas in the Andre.

Yes, there were cupcakes.

Grapefruit Angel Food Cupcakes with Avocado Buttercream



Champagne Cupcakes with Champagne Icing


It is impossible not to smile when you are drinking Andre, making cupcakes, and cheating at croquet. True story.

Andre's Finest Cupcakes
Cake:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter (room temp)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup Andre
6 egg whites (whipped)
-Cream sugar and butter; add dry ingredients (will resemble cookie dough); slowly add in Andre; fold in egg whites; bake 350 for 18 minutes(ish)

Frosting:
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 c butter (room temp)
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 tbl champagne
-Whip butter until smooth; add in powdered sugar incrementally; add vanilla and champagne; whip until smooth; frost your Andre cakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment