Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I made cookies!


But before I made those, my little feet took me many places.


These are my feet in the morning. Making coffee.


Here they are preparing to cycle to the store.


And again before my twenty-five mile bike excursion.


...and after.

Finally, we see my size-seven's as I bake cookies and listen to Michael Buble. I choose my toe nail polish solely based upon the name of the color.


My feet and I made a care package today. It is filled with some local Vermont-y goodness and a few homemade treats.

A take on the popular Voodoo doughnut: the bacon maple bar. This form is slightly more portable. Unless you eat the (highly addictive) dough with your hands like I did. Then it is not so portable, just messy.



I also found when you replace raisins with chocolate in oatmeal cookies something happens.





And that something is:


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Chunk Cookies
Adapted from joythebaker.com

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used half light and half dark for more molasses flavor)
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups oats
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Just under 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped (I used raspberry dark chocolate 70%)

What to do:
-Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat oven to 350
-Cream butter and sugars
-Add egg and vanilla
-Mix flour, oats, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices in a mixing bowl
-Add wet to dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated
-Stir in chocolate
-Chill for 15 minutes
-Roll tablespoons of dough and place 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet
-Bake for 14 minutes

*Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies






No comments:

Post a Comment