Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peach Soup and a Princess Pint Glass


Am I the only person who thinks it was too much of a stretch for Mr. Feeny to teach the Boy Meets World gang through junior high, high school and college? They didn't even take the cheesiness that far in Saved by the Bell.

The past few days I have done a lot.

I prepared an adult t.v dinner. My brothers and I would get the Kids Cuisine as a treat once in a blue moon growing up. We would eat them and watch TGIF specials (like Boy Meets World). These dinners had everything my mind could concieve of as wonderful packaged in a neat little container. My version is slightly updated, less balanced, and lacks the sweet packaging with the Kid's Cuisine penguin but otherwise achieved the same effect.

Yes, my pint glass has pictures of Disney princesses on it.

I made (and reheated) some of this.

I finally found the perfect crisp recipe. It has literally taken me six years of research, trial, and error. My crisps would be too full of oats, the friut under or over cooked. Sure I enjoyed them (and those who I shared them with seemed to as well) but really top anything with enough Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream and it is ok in my book.

This crisp is a little soupy when first taken out of the oven. And yes, I literally took the pan out of the oven and spooned the dessert into a bowl. Normal people will probably wait a minute. I personally have no issue with eating warm peachy soup. With ice cream
* * *

Peach Crisp
Topping:
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
8 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Filling:
3 c. sliced peaches
2 tablespoons flour
2/3 c. sugar
cinnamon to taste

Mix the filling ingredients together and pour into pan. Spoon topping onto peaches. Bake for 40 minutes at 350.

* * *
I also burned my arm, fought with a maple syrup container, saw a great movie, drank a cookie, worked a lot, ran when I could, and got sick for the first time in months.

On the agenda for tonight? I will be making a glass of ginger ale and watching James Bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment