Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolate.Cupcakes.

I caved and bought pumpkin spice creamer at the grocery store the other morning. First of all, it was on major sale. Secondly, there is a pumpkin on the bottle. And thirdly, it saves me from spending five dollars on a Starbucks pumpkin syrupcoffee.

In other news, I want cake.

I want chocolate cake.

I want the chocolate cake.


My dad used to make this cake for our family when I was younger. He bakes differently than I do, he is very calculating. He makes very little mess. I am much more forgiving in my measurements (I am heavy-handed when it comes to all things chocolate) and I tend to leave flour, sugar and cake batter in my wake.

Despite our different baking styles, this cake turns out well for both of us.

One cake, three ways.




Chocolate Cake
Stuff:
2 c sugar
1 3/4 c flour (AP)
3/4 c cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 c milk
1/2 c oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 c boiling water

How to:
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Add: eggs, milk, vanilla, and oil; mix well
3. Add boiling water to batter (mixture will be runny)
4. Pour batter into 2 - 9" rounds (prepared with parchment, baking spray and flour) or a muffin tin (prepared with cupcake liners)
5. Bake 30-35 minutes for rounds or 20-22 minutes for cupcakes
6. Cool for 10-15 minutes then invert rounds or remove cupcakes from pan to finish cooling
7. Frost/decorate as desired

No comments:

Post a Comment