Part of "fixing things" is baking.
These are spicy, sweet, cinnamony and the best brownies I have made thus far in my life. That is saying something considering how many brownies I have made and consumed over the course of my twenty-three years. It is not a pretty statistic.
Add ganache! It is so easy, equal parts chocolate pieces and scalded cream. Ganache is good on cake, brownies like these, pretzels, spoons, fingers... any vehicle will work actually. Just make ganache a part of your life.
(inspired by the 119 chipotle burger)
Stuff: I cut the original recipe in half to fit one 8 by 8 pan
1 sticks unsalted butter
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate, coarsely chopped or chips
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 tablespoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers
2 1/2 eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt butter, chocolate, and cocoa powder in saucepan and stir until smooth; pour into a mixing bowl
2. Whisk sugars into chocolate until dissolved
3. Add eggs one at a time then vanilla and adobo sauce
4. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake on 350 for 25 minutes
6. As brownies cool, bring cream to scald on a sauce pan
7. Put chocolate chips for ganache in a separate bowl and pour the scalded cream over chips; let sit 5 minutes then whist until smooth
8. Pour ganache over brownies
These brownies are even better the next day after they have chilled overnight in the fridge.