Saturday, November 26, 2011

Better late than never

I spent Thanksgiving running and eating and relaxing.

I spent Thanksgiving being thankful for: FINALLY finding a book that captured my attention; the ability to run until I feel like I am going to get sick; someone who still loves (or at least seems to love) me when I am doubled over, threatening to get sick after a race; being able to talk with my family; Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation; people opening their homes and cooking amazing food; moving here; and bread.

I also was (and forever will be) particularly thankful for brownies and cookie dough, separate-


-or together.


Cookie Dough Brownies
Stuff
(Brownies**)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cocoa
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
2 sticks butter
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
5 eggs

**makes 2 8x8 pans; I did one regular and reserved the other pan for the cookie dough bars

(Cookie Dough**)
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 c brown sugar
1/3 c granulated sugar
2 tablespoon cream
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 c AP flour
3/4 c mini chocolate chips

**makes enough to cover 1 8x8 pan

How to:
1. Make brownies: over a double broiler, melt together chocolate chips, butter and espresso; remove from heat and add sugars (cooling to room temp) then eggs one at a time; in a separate bowl, combine cocoa, flour and salt; add wet to dry ingredients
2. Pour into prepared pans (2 8x8 or 1 9x13) and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
3. Cool completely
4. Make cookie dough: cream butter and sugars; add vanilla and cream and mix until smooth; add flour; fold in chocolate chips
5. Spread cookie dough over cooled brownies (still in pan)
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting

No comments:

Post a Comment