Friday, November 11, 2011

Frozen Cake Tortes

There are days when I want to create something from scratch, days that I pull out my measuring cups and flour and spend hours crafting a three layer cake.

There are also days that I work, go for a run, get some errands done and fall onto my bed exhausted.

Even on such crazyhecticbusy days, I want that layer cake.

Luckily, I like to keep cupcakes in the freezer.


A cupcake can easily become a miniature layer cake.



I layered my filling with the slices of cupcake and then froze the makeshift tortes.



I will be the first to admit that these are not the most beautiful things to leave my kitchen on a plate. But for an exhausted girl with a massive sweet tooth, they definitely get the job done.


Eggnog Icing
Stuff:
1/4 c eggnog
3/4 c cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 c confectioners sugar
1 oz rum
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Dash cinnamon

How to:
1. Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth
2. Add sugar, vanilla, rum, and eggnog
3. Add cinnamon to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment