Sunday, November 13, 2011

No Baking Today


For the first time in a long while, I am not feeling particularly culinary. I do not want to chop, slice, puree, or bake ANYTHING. I want to talk about life and things I have come to realize. These are important things. Crazy important.

1. Finishing college is one of things I am most proud of myself for. It also has no bearing on the career I am pursuing.

2. Never eat an apple before a run. Ever. Ever.

3. I have a good gut. By this I mean that I am both intuitive and able to eat buffalo wings and jalapeno pizza no problem. Not together. Or maybe together. Whatever.

4. Worrying can ruin good things. Worrying can also be justified. I am no expert on how to distinguish when worrying is called for or not, but I am working on it. Baby steps...

5. baby steps... God, What About Bob is a terrific movie.

6. I say sorry too much. Sorry.

7. Popsicles, Jello, Otter Pops, those little sopapillas you get after eating at a Mexican food restaurant... Are. Not. Dessert. Do not waste your time.

8. "A real life doesn’t mean getting what you want; the achievement, the privilege, too, is knowing what you love. But getting what you love? Having what you love love you back? Oh, my friend, it’s miracle: your one tiny life’s head-on collision with divinity. ” Marisa de los Santos, Love Walked In

This blog is about using words to show how food and life experiences play off of one another. It is similar to pairing wine and food. One notices subtle nuances that tie the two together.

I know very little about wine and (as is evident from the list above) even less about life. The food bit however, seems to be my strength.

Right now, if I had to pair life with a certain food it would have to be burned cupcakes or over-whipped cream. Yea, that bad.

I think I will head back to the kitchen tomorrow, but tonight? Nights like tonight are best paired with Andre. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment