Friday, December 9, 2011

I recently went to Target and passed by the newest issue of Glamour. I skimmed the magazine (ahem, read it from cover to cover while rudely blocking the aisle.) I was... disappointed. It was all New-Yearsy.There were too many articles about how to lose the holiday pounds and keep resolutions.

I don't resolve to do things come New Years Eve. But if I absolutely had to resolve to do something this year, it would be to


These muffins are made with browned butter and are very appley.




I realize now that I did not eat enough muffins like these in 2011. I will do much better in 2012, promises.


Browned Butter Apple Muffins
Stuff:
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted/browned
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped apples marinated in cinnamon, sugar and the juice of a lemon

Topping
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

How to:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with papers
2. Combine dry ingredients
3. Make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients
4. Fold in apples
5. Transfer batter to muffin tin
6. Combine topping ingredients, will resemble sand
7. Sprinkle topping on each muffin
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment