Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Single Serving Sea Salt & Chocolate Chunk Cookie

Some days, I can't decide what I am in the mood to eat. Other days, I know exactly what I want.

Last night, I wanted a chocolate chip cookie with sea salt on top.

I did not want to bake an entire batch of anything. I didn't want a plateful of cookies that would go stale on my counter or half of a cake that would inevitably begin to bear resemblance to a door stop.

I just wanted a single cookie for me, and maybe one for Jeff.

So I made one cookie.


One deep-dish, salty-sweet chocolate chip cookie.


My recipe calls for equal parts flour and chopped chocolate... a good ratio.



Once the dough is folded together, press into a greased 4" ramekin and sprinkled with sea salt.


Deep-dish cookies must be enjoyed warm, I think that is written in the constitution somewhere.


This cookie is the perfect 5 bites (if you are sharing) or 10 bites (if you are smart and make your own.)

Individual Sea Salt & Chocolate Chunk Cookie

(makes 1)
Stuff:
1/4 c AP flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons shortening
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon egg (whisk egg in a bowl then measure, save the rest of the egg for egg wash or breakfast!)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
dash fine-grain salt
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
dash cinnamon
1/4 c chopped milk or semi-sweet chocolate
ice cream for serving

How-to
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and grease a 4" ramekin, set aside
2. In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or by hand), cream shortening and sugars
3. Add vanilla and egg, mix to incorporate
4. Add flour, fine-grain salt, baking soda, and cinnamon
5. Fold in chocolate
6. Press into ramekin and smooth out top
7. Sprinkle with sea salt
8. Bake 25-30 minutes (depending on how done you like your cookie, I like mine a little doughy in the center)
9. Remove from the oven and place hot ramekin on a plate for easier handling
10. Top with ice cream and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment