Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Best of Seattle


Seattle you are beautiful.
 Only you can make a garage sale sound whimsical.

 This past week(ish) Jeff and I went home to Seattle.

There was running and kayaking.


The highlight of the trip was being able to see my family. It had been close to a year since I saw them in person.

Another highlight: the food.

I got to bake a little. I made a smash cake and cupcakes for my nephew's second birthday. I also made lemon meringue tarts for my dad.



 Mornings start off right with a cappuccino at zoka. And maybe a jam dot.






A trip to Seattle wouldn't be complete without a Pyramid sampler.

And yes... a trip to Hoffman's for a scone (honey rosemary in my bag, not pictured.)


The visit was sugar laden, but leaving felt bittersweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment