Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chocolate-Banana Pops

I do not own an ice cream maker, this is a problem.

The way I see it, I live in North Carolina where it is blistering hot from May through September. I am betting that in the coming months my diet will rely heavily on food of the chilled/frozen variety. Margaritas, Slurpees, frozen yogurt... all the food groups.

While the ice cream maker is still on my wish list, I do have a blender. A blender and Nutella. Where there's a will, there's a way-


When you blend Nutella, cocoa, bananas, vanilla and a little salt then freeze said mixture, you will be the proud owner of homemade fudge pops.


Before the mixture gets frozen, it will look a lot like chocolate cake batter. It is not cake batter.


Plastic wrap helps hold the sticks up while the ice cream sets.


I think these should be dipped in magic shell and rolled in hazelnuts. But I am just crazy like that.


Banana Fudge Pops
(makes 6)
stuff:
3 bananas, slightly frozen
1/2 c hazelnut spread
dash vanilla
dash salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
milk (to blend)
6 popsicle/lollipop sticks
plastic wrap

How-to:
1. Line a muffin tin with paper cups and set aside
2. Blend all ingredients on high until smooth (use milk sparingly until mixture is pourable)
3. Divide mixture equally among 6 muffin tins
4. Place a layer of cling wrap over the top of the filled muffin cups
5. Using a knife, poke a hole in the plastic wrap directly in the center of each circle
6. Place popsicle/lollipop stick in the hole in the plastic
7. Place muffin tin in freezer and chill until set, about 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment