It is not my birthday and this is not cake.
It is frozen yogurt and ice cream layered to look like a watermelon.
A bowl is lined with foil and filled with a layer of green tinted frozen yogurt, a thin layer of plain frozen yogurt, and strawberry ice cream studded with chocolate chips. Freeze until set, invert, and slice.
Until I get that cake, this will suffice.
1 pint plain (or vanilla) frozen yogurt
1 pint strawberry ice cream
1/2 c chocolate chips
1. Soften the frozen yogurt and dye 3/4 pint light green; place strawberry ice cream and remaining plain yogurt into the freezer
2. Line a medium bowl with foil (make sure the foil hangs over all edges of the bowl for easy removal)
3. Layer 1: Pour green frozen yogurt into the foil-lined bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap making sure the plastic wrap (like the foil) hangs over all edges of the bowl; press down so the wrap is sticking to the surface of the yogurt; place a smaller bowl on top of the plastic wrap (pushing it down to create a well inside the frozen yogurt; freeze until set (about 1 hour)
4. Layer 2: Remove the small bowl and plastic wrap from the frozen yogurt; evenly spread the remaining plain frozen yogurt on top of the green frozen yogurt layer; return to the freezer for 30 minutes
5. Soften strawberry ice cream and fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on top
6. Layer 3: Fill the remaining space in the bowl with the strawberry ice cream mixture and sprinkle with chocolate chips; freeze until solid (about 2 hours)
7. Slice and enjoy