I baked you pie with smooth, mouth-puckering lemon curd.
I baked you something sweet that will fit in your palm.
I baked you three bites of summer.
pie dough (homemade or store bought)
1 jar lemon curd (again- homemade or store bought)
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 egg white
pinch cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
*pre-heat oven to 350
1. Roll out pie dough to 1/4" thick
2. Using a 2" round cookie cutter, cut out dough and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet (feel free to cut the dough into any shape)
3. Dock rounds with a fork and brush with cream or egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar
4. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
5. Remove from oven and cool completely
6. While crust is cooling, maker meringue: In a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, blend egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy; stream in sugar and mix on medium-high until stiff, glossy peaks form
*turn on oven broiler
7. Spread rounded tablespoons of lemon curd onto cooled crust rounds and then top curd with sliced strawberries
8. Pipe or spoon meringue on top of filled pie rounds
9. Broil for 1-2 minutes (keep a close eye on them- they go from brown to burnt fast)