6- total hours of sleep (including random naps)
4- minutes it took me to get ready after waking up late (if 3:40am can be considered late)
2- tired feet
1- family sized box of Captain Crunch consumed at any and all hours of the day
In other news:
We got our downtown apartment!
Goose and little man found a common love of quesadillas...
...and have (briefly) stopped terrorizing one another.
I made Chinese take-out. The downside- no cute paper containers. The upside- crispy orange shrimp and fried rice whenever I want it.
There is dough rising in my kitchen. Oh happy day.
12 oz pre-cooked shrimp, thawed (if frozen) with the tails removed
1/4 c orange marmalade
1 orange, juiced and zested
1/4 c soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
pepper, to taste
1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
dash hot chili oil
vegetable oil (for frying)
- - -
Pre-heat fryer (or oil on stove) to 360 degrees
1. In a small sauce pan, heat up olive and chili oil; add onions, orange zest, and garlic (cook until garlic is browning and onions are wilted, about 3 minutes)
2. Add marmalade, orange juice, pepper and soy sauce
3. Cook over medium-low heat (retaining a simmer), stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and reduces (5-10 minutes)
4. Prepare shrimp: Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel; put corn starch (I used about 1/4 c) in a medium bowl; toss shrimp in corn starch until well coated
5. Fry shrimp in pre-heated oil for 1-2 minutes (they are pre-cooked so you are just trying to get them up to temp and crispy)
6. Remove from hot oil and toss immediately with warm orange sauce