There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be.
While I agree with George, I think that the word running could be easily replaced with "making brownies."
Most of the brownie recipes I have posted are for fudge-like brownies. Remember these? Or these? They melt in your mouth and are so rich a tiny square is enough to satisfy a chocolate craving.
But there are many reasons to bake a brownie and many recipes to use when doing so.
These brownies are cakey diner brownies- the kind of brownie served in a slab not a square, covered in airy whipped frosting.
These brownies are speckled with chocolate chips and topped with dreamy mocha frosting.
My self-renewing compulsion is baking-and-running. Find your own and go for it.
makes and 8x8 pan
adapted from www.kingarthurflour.com
1/2 c + 2Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso, divided
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter
3/4 c AP flour
1 1/8 c sugar
1 c chocolate chips
1 can of chocolate frosting
- - -
1. In a small saucepan melt butter; add sugar and stir until combined
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, cocoa, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
3. Add warm butter mixture to egg mixture, stirring until just combined
4. Fold in flour and chocolate chips; batter will appear lumpy
5. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 pan
4. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes
5. While brownies are cooling, add remaining teaspoon of instant espresso to canned frosting and mix well
6. Once brownies have cooled completely, frost, cut and enjoy