Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wedding Cookies

I watched the show Bridezillas the other day for the first time. Those women are insane. They freak out, cry, give their bridesmaids weight requirements, yell at their husband-to-be, and pout on their wedding day. I can't stop watching it.

Maybe those women would be happier if they ate more cookies?

These are wedding cookies. I am not sure why they are called that. Unlike weddings, these cookies are not fancy. They are simple and uncomplicated... weddings are not. They should be called day-off-delciously easy-butter-cookies.


Butter, confectioners sugar, flour, a dash of salt and chopped pecans... nothing crazy.


I am getting married! But that is not why I made these cookies. These cookies are not a metaphor for life and they do not indicate anything about the kind of wedding I hope to have. They are melt in your mouth butter cookies that I have loved since forever. I made them because I felt like playing in powdered sugar. They are rich and probably a little too sweet. I love them and I hope you do too.



Wedding Cookies
makes 15-20 cookies
1/2 c butter, room temp
1/4 c confectioners sugar, plus more for finishing cookies
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash salt
scant 1 c AP flour
1/2 c chopped pecans
- - -
1. Cream 1/4 c confectioners sugar with butter until light and fluffy
2. Add vanilla,salt and flour; mix until combined
3. Fold in pecans by hand
4. Chill dough for 10 minutes
5. Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are just beginning to brown
6. Fill a bowl with confectioners sugar
7. Toss still warm cookies in sugar, turning to coat; return cookies to baking sheet and allow to cool completely
8. Once cookies have cooled, toss them once more in confectioners sugar before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment