Blondies are not just cookie dough pressed into a pan. They start as more of a batter, have the texture of a brownie and taste like a cookie.
Bonus- these can be made in one bowl (and a saucepan) and come together with a wooden spoon. Sweet, salty and a little under-baked. Ideal.
1 c AP flour
1 stick butter, melted & browned
1 c brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 c butterscotch chips
sea salt, for sprinkling (I used about 1 1/2 teaspoon)
- - -
*pre-heat oven to 350
1. In a small saucepan melt and brown butter
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and vanilla
3. Pour browned butter over flour mixture and stir until smooth
4. Fold in chips
5. Press dough into an oiled 8x8 pan and sprinkle with sea salt
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes (center will be soft and edges will be browned)
7. Cool completely before serving!