Thursday, February 14, 2013

Conversation Heart Macarons

I like Valentines Day. Not so much Valentines Day now, but Valentines Day circa grade school. Don't get me wrong, I like jewelry and candy. But I don't eat a lot of candy and I rarely wear jewelry. I like the time where you made Valentines and gave them to everyone you knew, saving the best one for the person you really like-liked. I liked getting little boxes of M&Ms and conversation hearts.

These are macaron conversation hearts. They are cute and a throw back to those grade school Valentines Day exchanges.


Pipe tinted macarons into a soft V shape, then let them rest and bake as usual.





Make these and give the prettiest one to the person you like-like.

Heart Macarons
Follow this recipe but with a few adaptations:
1. When you are whipping the egg whites and sugar, add 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
2. Pipe macarons into small, soft V instead of a circular dot
3. Fill with any flavored buttercream, I recommend ganache, raspberry or orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment