I am heading to Portland where I fully intend on going beer tasting. Before I hit the road, I wanted to share a danish recipe with you, cool?
Cream cheese fruit danish is heaven. It is also (when aided by the use of store-bought crescent rolls) super fast.
After 20 minutes in the oven, they will look like this:
Warm danish in 30-ish minutes. Amen.
1 package store-bought crescent rolls
4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese
1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
cream, for brushing
jam of your choice, for topping
- - -
1. Make filling by creaming together sugar, cream cheese and lemon juice, set aside
2. Unroll crescent rolls two at a time (two triangles will form one rectangle); press the seams together and roll out with a rolling pin to a 4" by 8" rectangle; orient the rectangle so that the long edge is facing you and running parallel to the edge of the counter
3. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese filling onto dough (leaving a 1/2" gap along the top)
4. Starting with the edge nearest to you, roll the dough up tightly
5. Coil dough into a snail shape, tucking the end underneath to seal
6. Make a small indentation in the pastry's center and fill with a small amount of remaining cream cheese mixture and jam; brush tops of unbaked danish with cream
7. Bake for 20 minutes
8. Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving