Saturday, February 9, 2013

Virtual Coffee Date


If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that we had our first sunny day in Seattle! Leaving work without a jacket is much more pleasant than running from work to bus, shielding my eyes from the rain. I can't wait for summer.

I would tell you that we are celebrating my dad's birthday tonight and I made him a pie-cake. It is lemony and meringue-y. I thought a cake would be easier than a pie. And then I went a little over board and it was far from simple. But it is pretty so it all works out.

Speaking of cake... I want to go cake tasting for my wedding. I have no idea what kind I want, but the idea of trying cakes and mousses (and possibly champagne) is pretty appealing.

Speaking of the wedding, plans have again shifted. Smaller, a little closer to home, fireworks. I am very excited.

I would mention I am going to run the Portland marathon this year. I have wanted to run in it FOREVER but have always been (a) at college or (b) on the other side of the country. I am back and it is happening.

If we were having coffee, I would down my cup and apologize for my hasty departure, but I am late for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment