Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Homemade Magic Shell

I am trying to come up with wedding vows. I am trying to find something that is not overused, something that doesn't echo the lines in a movie based upon a Nicholas Sparks novel.

For someone who loves to write, I am having a hard time figuring out how to phrase a declaration of affection.

I can't seem to do it articulately.

I can, however, make healthy foods unhealthy. We all have our strengths, I guess.

The other day I bought these amazing frozen coconut bars. They are simply fruit, super healthy. So the natural course of action would be to


This is an easy recipe for magic shell- the chocolate coating that goes from liquid to solid after a few seconds in the freezer. It is coconut oil melted together with chocolate chips.



A pint glass makes it easy to coat all sides of the frozen bars at once.

 


Right after dipping I sprinkled my bars with chopped pistachios because they needed a little flair. 


These are nothing revolutionary. But they are tasty and reminiscent of an almond joy candy bar. With pistachios. So I guess that would make them pistachio joy bars. Good talk. 

Magic Shell

12 oz semisweet chocolate chips 
2-3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- - - 
1. Melt together chips and oil over a double broiler
2. Dip whatever you like in warm chocolate mixture, garnishing if desired, and place in freezer to set completely

 

No comments:

Post a Comment