So the other day I made dinner and wanted to write about it. I uploaded my pictures, edited them and... my netbook died. It cannot be saved and sadly the pictures went with hard drive.
Luckily, I had made slow cooker pulled pork. This means that there were ample leftovers. So, although you won't get to see the perfectly staged shots of a browning roast or the slow-pouring of soda into the crock pot, you will get to see the end result (which is the entire point, right?)
Toast your buns and then top them with pulled pork and coleslaw. Maybe throw on a few salt and vinegar chips for crunch.
Sweet, savory and to the point.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Cola BBQ Sauce
makes a bunch (4-6 serving depending on how you portion)
2# pork roast
vegetable oil (for pan)
8 oz Coke (or generic cola)
1/4 c tomato paste
2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons spicy mustard
1 teaspoon Sriracha
coleslaw (I used this recipe but you can always use pre-made)
- - -
1. Heat oil in a large pan and the brown roast on all sides
2. Place roast in slow cooker (on high setting) and pour cola over it
3. Cover and cook for 3 1/2- 4 hours (I turned my roast a few times)
4. Remove roast from heat, cover with aluminum foil and set aside
5. Make sauce by skimming the fat off of the cooking juices in the slow cooker and transferring the remaining liquid to a medium saucepan. To that, add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, and Sriracha; bring mixture to a boil over high heat and continue to boil until sauce has reduced to about 1 cup
6. Shred pork with 2 forks (discarding any large pieces of fat)
7. Add shredded pork to saucepan and stir to coat evenly, season with salt and pepper to taste
8. Toast your hamburger buns and top them with pulled pork and coleslaw