Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review- Bakery Nouveau

I just made dinner out of salted honey buttercream. This is truth... truth I will explain in a few days with a new recipe.

Aside from the honey buttercream incident of ten minutes ago, I have been eating well. Jeff and I have been spending our free time exploring our new neighborhood and the restaurants in it.

There are so many restaurants on my "must try" list. I have been hearing good things about Bakery Nouveau for a while now so on Tuesday we went to their location on Capitol Hill for breakfast.




This bakery has a lot to offer. They have a case full of different flavored, filled croissants. They have a case of tartlettes, layered cakes and other pastries. They have macarons. They also make muffins, scones and sandwiches (on both croissants and baguettes.) They are a bit pricy ($4.50+ for many of the filled croissants) but the items are large and sharable.

Whenever we go to a bakery we usually each get something savory and then something sweet to share. It is a thing.

Jeff got a ham and cheese croissant and I got an heirloom tomato & goat cheese pastry. We also got a fruit danish to share (meaning Jeff took one bite and I got the rest.)


Both of the savory items were OK. I may be biased, but in my opinion they were over-sized and more squishy than flaky. However, the fruit danish was great, albeit the size of my face... which let's just say isn't petite. We call them Chertok cheeks for a reason.

The danish was a coiled cinnamon dough baked with pastry cream in the center and topped with strawberry jam and fresh fruit.


Overall Jeff and I had a good experience here and I am sure will revisit the bakery again (although I will probably stick to the sweet pastries.)

Visit Bakery Nouveau at one of their locations:

West Seattle
4737 California Ave. SW Seattle, WA 98116

Capitol Hill
1435 E John Ct. Suite 107 Seattle, WA 98112

http://www.bakerynouveau.com/welcome/

No comments:

Post a Comment