Saturday, August 3, 2013

Spiked Root Beer Float Milkshake

The other day, some of my coworkers were drinking root beer floats. I saw them just after I clocked out for the day. Once I am off the clock, nothing (not even a float) can tempt me into staying at work.

Still, I saw the float and it got in my head.
 
My favorite part of a float is when the root beer and the ice cream are pretty much entirely mixed together. I decided to cut to the chase and make a root beer float milkshake. With rum. And boozy whipped cream. And sprinkles.



It is an easy recipe. Whip cream, booze and a little sugar. Blend ice cream, more booze and spicy root beer. Pour, dollop and sprinkle.

I poured a little root beer over the shake to create the signature root beer float foam  (it also adds a little more root beer flavor.) Cheers!

Spiked Root Beer Float Milkshake
serves 2

3 c vanilla ice cream
1/2 c  chilled root beer, plus more for serving
3 oz + 2 Tablespoons dark (or spiced) rum
1/4 c heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- - -
1. In a stand mixer, whip cream, 2 Tablespoons rum and granulated sugar until soft peaks form; set aside
2. In a blender, combine 3 oz rum, 1/2 c root beer and ice cream; blend until smooth
3. Divide milkshake into two glasses and top off each with a little more root beer (this will create the foam that makes it look like a float)
4. Garnish with the whipped cream, sprinkles and a straw!

No comments:

Post a Comment