Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Raspberry Cheesecake Squares

I am putting off baking cheesecake tonight. I am doing a little wedding tasting for a friend this weekend and yesterday, full of good intentions, I planned out all my baking. I decided I was going to be on the ball and make everything for Sunday ahead of time, starting tonight. Then work happened and gone were my good intentions. They have been replaced with an oatmeal stout, some crumpets and jam and (as always-lately) House of Cards.

So I didn't make cheesecake tonight, but I did make it last week. In bar form. With swirls of jam because we can.



I tried to wait until the pictures were taken before trying one. Clearly, I was successful...

These bars are perfect if you are short on time time but still need cheesecake in your life!

Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
makes and 8x8 pan

1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 c granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 c raspberry jam
1 1/4 c crushed graham crackers or ginger snaps (what I used)
pinch ground cinnamon
4 Tablespoons melted butter
- - -
pre-heat oven to 350F
1. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and mist the bottom and sides with baking spray; set aside
2. In am medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and cinnamon; stream in melted butter and mix together with your hands until the mixture begins to clump together and appears evenly moistened
3. Pour cookie mixture into the prepared pan and, using your fingers, press into an even layer
4. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes; cool completely
5. Make your cheesecake filling: in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and mix until no lumps remain (scraping bottom and sides as necessary); add egg and vanilla, mixing on low until just incorporated (over-mixing will cause the cheesecake to crack)
6. Pour cheesecake batter over cooled crust layer
7. Transfer raspberry jam to a ziplock bag, cutting a corner of the bag which will allow you to pipe the jam; pipe jam into 3 lines the length of the pan
8. Using a knife, drag from side to side through cream cheese mixture at 1-inch intervals or simply swirl 
9. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until set; chill completely before slicing and serving

No comments:

Post a Comment