Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Negroni Sbagliato

Oh my goodness, this drink... it is my new favorite. It is bright and summery and sweet and bitter and... well I just love it.

Please don't judge my amateur orange peeling technique.


This is a Negroni Sbagliato... a "broken" or "incorrect" Negroni. The classic cocktail is typically made with gin, Campari and sweet vermouth. However, I had one at a cafe in my neighborhood that swapped the gin for sparkling wine and I fell in love. So this is that.



This drink is just champagne (or any dry, sparkling wine) Campari and sweet vermouth. Serve it over ice with a bit of orange peel.


Apparently the Negroni is somewhat of a blank canvas... there are many versions out there. I may have to try all of them, you know, just to be well informed. This article is a good one, if you are interested. Cheers!

Negroni Sbagliato
inspired by Oddfellows Cafe
makes 1 drink

1 1/2 oz Campari
1 oz sweet vermouth
2 oz champagne or dry sparkling wine
orange peel
ice
- - -
1. Combine vermouth, Campari and Champagne or wine in a short glass filled with ice, gently stir

2. Run the orange peel around the edge of the glass then twist the peel over the glass to express the oils into the drink; drop the peel into the glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment