Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekly Links #11

I have skipped a few weeks of these posts. What can I say, life got in the way. Let's just pick up where we left off, K? It's my weekend and I couldn't be more ready for it. Here's some food for thought from various places.

I have been reading The Skimm everyday and love it. If you want condensed news without all the fluff, The Skimm is where it's at.

Nachos with fry sauce. I repeat, nachos with fry sauce.

the ultimate kobe beef skillet nachos with kettle chips & fry sauce www.climbinggriermountain.com

Some words of truth I have found helpful lately, #9 and #15 especially.

So I made this cake in miniature x a bunch for dad's day. Mine were three layers and flavored with coconut, vanilla and lime respectively. I didn't try any of the finished product but rather ate a bunch of cake bits dipped in vanilla frosting during assembly. So good. Sadly, the cake-lettes decided to slide around and fall over on my commute from Seattle to Bremerton. Apparently heat + wobbly walking will do that to them. C'est la vie.



I am in the process of creating a summer bucket list. I like the idea of them, but have never made one. Hopefully it will motivate me to actually do all of the fun things I think about come summertime.



I made this single lady cornbread pizza on a night that Jefe worked. Guys, from start to finish it took less than 20 minutes. I have found a new favorite.

Single Lady Cornbread Pizza // take a megabite

I am going to register for this race. I am undecided on the length I want to run, the half has always been my favorite but the full course seems like a great route. The race is the weekend following Thanksgiving which means I will be tapering on the big holiday... which means I will clean house during dinner.



This cake is straight up genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment