These are the dessert that happened when I couldn't decide if I was in the mood for peanut butter, oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies. I smashed them all together in a bowl and baked it. The result is a slightly crumbly, oat-studded, peanut buttery cookie with hella chocolate chips. Yes... hella.
The dough is pretty. But it is made up of all my favorite things, so I may be a little biased.
Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
1 c AP flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature'
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 c old fashioned oats
1 c bittersweet chocolate chips
- - -
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and peanut butter; add sugars and mix until mixture is light a fluffy (about 3 minutes); scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl
3. Add egg and vanilla; mix until just incorporated and then scrape bowl again
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the mixing bowl in one addition
5. Mix on low for one minute, scrape bowl, mix on low for 30 seconds
6. Add chocolate chips and mix until chips are evenly distributed
7. Scoop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes at 350F (edges will just begin to brown)
8. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature