Saturday, August 2, 2014

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

"Maycomb was a tired old town, even in 1932 when I first knew it. Somehow, it was hotter then. Men's stiff collars wilted by nine in the morning. Ladies bathed before noon after their three o'clock naps. And by nightfall were all like soft teacakes with frosting from sweating and sweet talcum. The day was twenty-four hours long, but seemed longer."
                                                              -Harper Lee To Kill a Mockingbird

This quote sums up life right now. In my case "sweet talcum" is bread flour, but still, the quote applies.

I have been using the heat to my advantage lately by turning my apartment into a hot yoga studio. This is easily done because the apartment is technically a single room studio and it is effing hot inside. I'm making lemonade people. The other day, after yoga-ing, I made myself a blueberry muffin inspired smoothie. It was hands down the best decision I made all day.


How great is this mug?! I got it for Jeff because he loves monkeys. Until it is legal for us to get one as a pet, this mug will have to do.

This muffin-smoothie is made with (among other things) frozen blueberries, cinnamon, vanilla, honey and old fashioned oats. It is a winner and perfect for summer.


Cheers!

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
makes 1

1/4 c milk
1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
1/2- 3/4 c water (depending on how thick you want your smoothie)
3/4 c frozen blueberries
2 Tablespoons old fashioned oats
dash cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
1-2 Tablespoons honey (depending on how sweet you want your smoothie)
a few ice cubes
- - -
1. Throw all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth and drinkable
2. Pour into a tall glass, garnish with a few more frozen berries and enjoy with a straw

No comments:

Post a Comment