Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A walk + Cakey Brownies

I went on a gorgeous walk the other morning. The leaves have finally started to turn over here and it was a bit foggy out... my ideal walking weather. I did a familiar loop that took me past my favorite mural, garden and park.








After walking I needed brownies. So I made these.


These brownies are made with...wait for it...


CASHEW BUTTER! You could also use almond butter. Despite being grain & dairy-less, these brownies bake up into a cakey dream. I have no idea how, but I am just going to roll with it.



Add your favorite non-dairy ice cream to make this a healthy dessert. Or pile on vanilla gelato like I did. Either/or.

Cakey Brownies (grain&dairy free)
makes an 8x8 pan

1/2 c almond or cashew butter (smooth)
1/4 c honey
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
1 teaspoon vanilla (or chocolate) extract
1/3 c cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
handful chocolate chips
ice cream, optional but recommended
- - -
1. Pre-heat oven to 325F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment (or mist with baking spray)
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients except chocolate chips
3. Gently fold in chips
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325F for 25 minutes
5. Cool before cutting and topping with vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment