Saturday, November 1, 2014

Moving: Kitchen Edition

Sorry it has been a bit of a ghost town around these parts... it has been a busy few weeks! Jeff and I took some time off of work and went on a little vacation. We also are in the process of buying our first house! It is super exciting/time consuming. We are both anxious to move and if things go according to schedule we should be in our new place before the holidays!

Because we have been on the go so much lately, I haven't made a damn thing that is worthy of photographing and writing about. Though, I did make some awesome bean and cheese burritos for second lunch today... but really who wants to see a picture of beans, cheese, flour tortillas and an embarrassingly large quantity of sour cream? Didn't think so.

Delicious homemade bagels

I have been spending a lot of time looking at ideas for how to paint/decorate our new place. Because I am me, I have found a lot of inspiration in food.

Let's start in the kitchen.


Inspiration: black, brown, charcoal grey and toasted tan colors of the "everything bagel"

1&6. Comfy bar stools
2&12. I eat a lot of bread... one of these bread boxes will keep my loafs close at hand (sorry for saying the word "loafs")
3. I swear by these cork pot holders... they are the best/cute!
4. Utensil organization
5. I got these clear jars a few years ago for a birthday gift and they rock! They make finding ingredients easy and are cute enough to keep on the counter
7-9. Clever towels
10&11. Bar cart?
13. Gifted to me by my grandmother, this painting has a permanent post in my kitchen
14. A similar backsplash to the one in our new kitchen

More house updates/recipes to follow!



No comments:

Post a Comment