Saturday, December 13, 2014

Maple Walnut Blondies

As teenagers, my friends and I spent a lot of time at Applebees. We would stop by for the late night appetizers and desserts. My favorite thing to order was the maple walnut blondie. It came in a skillet complete with a big ass scoop of ice cream and a sauce that turned into caramel when it hit the hot plate. I would down that, some mozzarella sticks and then call it a night. Awww, memories.

The other night I made a version of the maple walnut blondies of my past. I slapped some ice cream on them while they were still warm and was promptly in heaven. You should do the same.

Now if only I had made mozzarella sticks to go with them. Next time...


Maple Walnut Blondies
makes an 8"x8" square or 8" round

1 stick (1/2 c) butter, melted
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
pinch salt
1 c AP flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2-3/4 c walnuts, chopped
- - -
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8"x8" square (or 8" round) baking pan with parchment; mist lightly with baking spray
2. In a medium bowl combine the melted butter and the sugar, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth
3. Add in egg and extracts, mix well
4. Add salt, baking soda, and flour, stirring until a sticky dough forms
5. Gently fold in walnuts
6. Spread dough into the prepared pan and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes; top will appear slightly cracked and the edges will just be beginning to brown
7. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment