I have another mini dessert for ya'll. This time, instead of cheesecake, we are having warm berry crisp. With ice cream, forever and always.
Get out those cute ramekins, this recipe makes two. I love any dessert that has a crumble/crisp situation and melty vanilla ice cream. This is that, personalized.
Get. After. It.
Individual Berry Crisps
makes 2 ramekins
for the topping:
3 Tablespoons old fashioned oats
2½ Tablespoons AP flour
2½ Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons cold butter, diced into small pieces
3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
for the filling:
1 1/2 c (heaping) mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
1 Tablespoon AP flour
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional, but recommended)
- - -
pre-heat oven to 375F
1. In a bowl combine the filling ingredients and stir until berries are well coated in flour/sugar mixture
2. In another bowl, combine all the topping ingredients except the chopped nuts (use your fingers to break up the butter until mixture appears coarse/sandy)
3. Add nuts to the topping mixture and stir gently to combine
4. Divide the berry mixture equally between 2- 8 oz ramekins
5. Divide the topping between the two ramekins, sprinkling it on top of the berries
6. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 375F for 25-35 minutes (crisps made with frozen berries will take longer than those made with fresh), until filling is bubbly and crisp topping is a golden brown
7. Cool slightly before topping with ice cream and serving!