I just finished off these cookies. Jeff had 1/15th of them. Sigh. Real life.
I know these no bake cookies aren't lookers. But they make up for their appearance with chocolate and peanut butter. These are a healthier version of classic no bake cookies. I used real maple syrup as a sweetener and subbed coconut oil for the butter. You could also swap the PB for almond or cashew butter if you wanted to!
These cookies come together on the stove top in about five minutes. All you have to do is melt, mix, scoop, smoosh, freeze. Store these bad boys in the freezer or refrigerator because coconut oil likes to melt. Eat them for snacks because they have oats and that makes them the equivalent of a granola bar.
No Bake Cookies
adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
makes about 15 cookies
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c maple syrup
1/3 c cocoa powder
1/2 c peanut butter
1 c old fashioned oats
Pinch of sea salt
- - -
*line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside before beginning this recipe
1. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat melt together coconut oil, syrup and cocoa powder
2. Once cocoa is completely dissolved into the oil and syrup, remove the pan from heat and stir in the peanut butter until no streaks remain; add salt
3. Fold in oats
4. Using a small cookie scoop, portion oat mixture onto prepared baking sheet; once all cookies are scooped press down lightly on the top of each one to flatten slightly
5. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until cookies are set
6. Store cookies in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer!