Saturday, July 25, 2015

Life with Rose: 6 Weeks In

Six weeks in and still falling more in love with this girl everyday. I guess we will keep her...


 Food: Still going dairy free for the most part and it seems to help Rose's belly! I still do half and half in my coffee though, I will never give that up. When Jeff works at night he brings us home a late dinner, it is just easier because Rosemary is most active in the evenings and it is very difficult for me to take time to make anything to eat. He usually brings me this kale salad with quinoa, beets, walnuts, fennel and grilled chicken. It sounds like a random assortment of ingredients but it is so good!

Drinks: I try to do one big smoothie a day, typically for breakfast. It is a good way for me to get tons of fruit and some greens in. I am also sipping on gallons of ice water, some coffee, and a cup of tea before bed most days.


Sleep: Rosemary seems to be getting on a little sleep schedule and I am trying to tweak it so it works with us once I go back to work. Right now she will go down around 9:30pm and sleep until 3:30 or 4 am when she wakes to eat. She then goes back to sleep for an hour or two and then is "up" for the day. We usually get 2-3 shorter naps during the day. All in all we are super lucky and getting a bit more rest ourselves.


Growth: I am not sure how much she is weighing in at these days, she has her two month appointment at the beginning of August where we will find out! She is eating well and doesn't seem to be hungry in between meals so I think she is doing great! She is tall, I am excited to see how much she has grown over these six weeks!


Activity: As I mentioned she is most active in the evening. She will nap periodically throughout the day until about 5 but then she is usually up until we put her to bed for the night. She is kicking those legs like crazy and tries to stand and bounce when being held upright. She is spending more time on her activity mat and likes looking at her stuffed animals and reaching out to touch them. Her favorite is the fox Jeff's mom got her. She is holding her neck up more and more and when I hold her I don't have to support it as much as I used to. I have been trying to take her outside on a walk everyday to different parks/places.




Workouts: This week I didn't feel well and so workouts were either non-existent or easy walks. I am trying to rest as much as possible before going back to work. I have my follow-up appointment soon to make sure everything is healing and that I am good to introduce more strenuous exercise and head back to work full time.


Despite not feeling well, this week was a good one. I can't believe I go back to work in less than two weeks... I am going to miss spending so much time with my little June bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment