Monday, August 10, 2015

Life with Rose: 2 months in

Two months, BOOM! Rosemary has grown so much in these eight weeks. Jeff and I truly can't get enough of her, she is just the best thing to happen to us. I went back to work this week and it was both tough and wonderful. I only cried once right as I was saying goodbye to her the first morning. I miss her all day when I am working but it is nice to be back at my job and to have some of my independence back. It makes my evenings and days off with her and Jeff all the more special. Below: Rose the day she was born and Rose at 8 weeks!



Food: I have been really into gigantic salads for dinner. I cook off a bunch of chicken and quinoa at the beginning of the week and then toss it together with greens, sliced veggies and dressing. It is the perfect quick meal for when I am watching the babe. Bonus: I don't have to heat up the house with the stove or oven. I also made a big batch of these cookies. Can't/won't stop. Breakfast is oatmeal with almond butter. I try to make breakfast and dinner big meals because my days are busy at work. I have never been one of those people who forgets to eat but the hours seem to fly by when I am at work. I snack, but need to work on getting more to eat during the day.


Drinks: I am all about infused water these days. My dad's girlfriend got me this great bottle with a built in infuser! My favorite: a tie between lemon or cucumber. I also tried maple water. I was skeptical at first, but then I tasted it... it is so much more refreshing than the coconut water I have been chugging all summer! It is going into the beverage rotation for sure. Funny story, so the other night after Rose went to sleep I had two glasses of wine (something that would normally not be a big deal) but I woke up the next morning after five hours of sleep and my first thoughts were never again. I am officially old.

 

Sleep: Guys, Rosemary slept for eight hours the other night. Yes, eight hours. Like a normal human! I am not naive enough to think it will be a consistent thing, but man it was wonderful. She routinely sleeps 6-7 hours at night in her crib so overall still doing great sleep wise.


Growth: At her two month appointment she is 23" tall and weighs 11 pounds 10 oz... up over 4 pounds since birth. She is our little chunk.


Activity: Rosemary still loves her mat! She can now roll over from her back to her stomach and lifts up her head during tummy time. Every time I see her start to roll over I sing to her "they see me rollin'... they hatin'... patrollin' tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty." Because I am the coolest mom ever...



Workouts: When I get home from work I don't want to leave and go to the gym for an hour or so. Doing yoga in my living room while Rose doses in her swing is ideal, or if Jeff is home I will head out for a quick run. I am going to start training soon for a fall half marathon. I think I can train for it running only 3 days a week. While I love running and exercise, I love time with Rosemary and Jeff more so I am trying to find a good balance.

Rose has officially fallen in love with Jeff... it is so sweet. She smiles at him all the time and looks for him when he isn't holding her.


Below: outfit by Papa.

 
These two make me so happy it is a bit ridiculous. Things are settling down and we are getting a little more used to this whole "being parents" thing. I am going to switch from weekly to monthly Rosemary updates, though rest assured I will post plenty of photos in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment