Monday, September 28, 2015

A year ago today (Life with Rose: 4 months in)

A year ago today I was recovering from a friend's wedding. I was nursing a beer/cupcake hangover with cup after cup of coffee in our small studio apartment. Today? Today I am sitting in the bedroom of our house, drinking cup after cup of coffee with a baby in my lap. This past year has been... a ride. A challenging, exciting, scary, wonderful ride. We are four months into our life with this girl and couldn't be happier. It is a little ridiculous.


Food: There is finally more cooking happening over here! I have been meal planning a little more because time (especially in the evenings) goes fast! I have found it is easier to cook a few nights a week and just make enough for leftovers so we aren't trying to figure out meals everyday. Jeff has been making different soups that we eat all week (his chicken tortilla is the best.) Rosemary doesn't seem to be bothered by dairy anymore so Greek yogurt and cheese have been back in the rotation.

Drinks: So much coffee (sometimes with a little chai tea powder mixed in for spice.)



Activity: Rosemary is so active. She has started rolling onto her belly and back so that means we have to constantly watch her. She wants so badly to crawl, she gets on her stomach and kicks her little legs like mad. Once she gets the mechanics down she is going to be off! I am not ready for that. She loves going on walks and to the grocery store in her sling. She is just taking it all in, it is fun to watch her look at things. She has also gotten grabby so we have brought out some more of her toys for her to try. Also new this month: noises. She is trying to communicate, it is pretty much the sweetest thing ever.



We tried out the Bumbo seat. Rosemary is not sure how she feels about this whole sitting thing.

Growth: We have an appointment early next week for more measurements and shots so I am not sure how much she has grown since her last appointment. She is wearing 6-9 month outfits and feels like she is gaining weight... I carried her on a walk recently and was definitely feeling it by the end!


Sleep: Rose is such a good sleeper- she has started to get sleepy earlier lately so I will put her down around 8:30 and she will sleep until 6:30 or 7:00. This is wonderful, but means that daytime naps are brief or non existent. I'll take it.


Workouts: Exercise is definitely on the Rosemary schedule... if time allows for it I am all about it, but it is definitely not as big of a priority as it used to be in my life. I am gearing up for my race in a few weeks, trying to go for one longer run and a few shorter ones throughout the week. Also walks with baby and some yoga.


I am really enjoying this stage of Rosemary's life- time is flying but I am doing my best to soak in every minute I have with her. I am starting to make her a baby book so that we can look back at photos/memories of this time. 


I think Rose looks a lot like both me and Jeff as she gets older. However there are times when she will make a face and I will just laugh because it is like looking into a mirror. Exhibit A: The Glare.


No comments:

Post a Comment