I'm baaaaaack. In addition to 80's movie references, I am also here to bring cookies.
These cookies are quick to come together and quicker (more quick?) to be devoured. They are full of smashed M&M candies. For smaller batch recipes like this one, I like to do the mixing by hand with a wooden spoon, but feel free to use an electric mixer!
Dunked in coffee, it is the only way.
¼ c brown sugar
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
¾ teaspoon vanilla
½ c + 2 Tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon instant espresso (or coffee) powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ heaping c chopped M&Ms candies
- - -
pre-heat oven to 375F; line a baking sheet with parchment
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, soda and coffee/espresso powder, set aside
2. In another medium bowl, use a wooden spoon to cream together the sugars and butter (or use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment)
3. Add the egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture, stir to combine
4. Add dry ingredients (minus the M&Ms) and stir until dough forms
5. Fold in chopped candies until evenly distributed
6. Scoop dough by the Tablespoon onto your prepared baking sheet
7. Bake at 375F for 9-11 minutes (edges will begin to brown)