Thursday, April 13, 2017

COB Smoothie

I don't really believe in "juicing," not in the sense that I am going to subsist on juice for three days. I get hangry if I skip my morning snack, so I can't imagine enjoying a juice cleanse. I will keep any toxins that may be in my body, thank you very much! That said, I love a glass of fresh juice as a snack or with a meal. I especially like fruit and vegetable combinations.
This smoothie is inspired by my favorite juice bar treat called the COB House. COB = carrot, orange and beet.
To the tradition COB I added some kale (always trying to sneak in greens,) frozen cauliflower (surprisingly this makes the smoothie super creamy and adds protein,) Greek yogurt (because I love it) and a little honey (for added sweetness.)
This smoothie is hot pink, delicious, and won't leave you crashing from a sugar high like some juices/smoothies do! I love making it for an afternoon snack or for a breakfast smoothie bowl!
My most brutally honest food critic approves!

Carrot Orange Beet Smoothie
serves 2

1 small beet, peeled and diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1/2 orange, peeled
1 handful kale (about 1/2 c), washed and de-stemmed
2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
1-2 teaspoons honey (to taste... more if you want it sweeter!)
1/2 c ice
optional: 1/2 c frozen cauliflower (I use this to make a thicker smoothie for smoothie bowls!)

- - -
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend, on high for 45 second-1 minute until smooth in consistency
2. Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment