Friday, May 12, 2017

Currently

Rose is waking up slowly, I am listening to the right music and the rain is pitter-pattering outside my window in such a way that just makes me feel like I need to sit down and write.

This past week has been a blur of travel and tears and sunshine and furrowed brows. There has been laughter and anger and frustration and grief. It has been a hard week.

It is in times like these that I find comfort in the idea that we can do hard things.

It is a simple statement that I read somewhere once. It leaves no room for interpretation. It is just a fact.

Life is so many things, both good and bad and unfortunately often too short.

Here is a bit of what we are up to, currently...

...watching: cars drive through the rain covered streets below our apartment.

...reading: not much these days! We are heading out for a vacation in a few days and I am in serious need of a book to read at the beach (when I am not toddler wrangling)... recommendations???

...listening: to Rose watch How to Train Your Dragon. Also, Ray Lamontagne.

...making: a packing list for vacation. So far I have beer/wine, clothes and snacks... am I forgetting anything?

...drinking: (cold) strong coffee with half & half

...feeling: missing family/excited for our family vacation!

...planning: vacation prep. I am going with the less-is-more philosophy on this one.

...loving: my family!

Jeff, Rosie-B and I were in Arizona this week, here are some pictures!










daddy&daughter in the dessert/cactus in bloom!/ Arizona reminded me of Roxaboxen... remember that book?/I like purple cacti best/the cactus that attacked my husband/FINALLY WAFFLE HOUSE!/big sky on the way to Phoenix/post-flight Rose after she screamed in my lap for a solid 15 minutes






No comments:

Post a Comment