Thursday, June 15, 2017

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Energy Bites

I am someone who needs-needs-needs a mid-morning snack. Somewhere around 9 am, my stomach begins talking to me and I know if I wait until lunch I will become a hangry beast.

Enter the energy bite.

I have taken to making a batch of these every week and popping a couple when mid-morning hunger strikes.


I think they look like something a bird would eat. But this just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by its cover. Because while they may look like bird food, these bites taste like a no-bake cookie with layers of oats, peanut butter and dark chocolate. Truth be told, I rolled them in chia seeds to deter Jeff from eating them (to say he hates chia seeds is an understatement.)

Happy snacking!

Energy Bites
makes 10-12

125g dates (about 15)
90 g rolled oats (about 1 c)
3 Tablespoons coca powder
3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
chia seeds (to coat)
- - -
1. Combine all ingredients except chia seeds in a food processor
2. Mix until a dough forms (about 1 minute)
3. Portion the dough using a small cookie scoop, rolling each scoop between your palms to form a smooth "bite"
4. Roll each bite in chia seeds to coat the outside
5. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment